Last December (it's unbelievable that it was such a long time ago), I decided to make a book which I could use as an art journal since my old drawing book was almost full.
I found a great tutorial for bookbinding by James Darrow on deviantart and I was also inspired by Marysza's journals.
That's how it all began:
I sewed the cover of the book, using fabrics which I got from my sister and a piece of green ribbon to cover the line where the two fabrics are sewn together. I put fleece between the two layers of fabrics and ironed the cover when it was ready so that it became less flexible.
Here you can see the pages sewn together:
And here is how it turned out:
It has some imperfections, but it works pretty well as a book for my doodles. :)
I hope you like it! I'd be happy to read your opinions! :)
Have a nice Sunday,